Miami Lobster & Shrimp Cakes Cop Carolina Accolade
Klime Kovaceski is from Macedonia, not Miami, but during his years as owner of Crystal Cafe (which was on 41st Street in Miami Beach), the personable chef was adopted as a native son by a large and fiercely loyal local clientele. These former patrons will knowingly smile when they hear that Crystal's signature lobster and shrimp cake copped the top prize last week as Best Hot Dish at Share Our Strength's Taste of the Nation event in Charlotte, North Carolina (same benefit to feed hungry kids as the Allen Susser-coordinated Miami affair).
To enjoy these luscious seafood cakes you can do one of two things:
1. Head to Mez, the new Charlotte restaurant in a new EpiCentre entertainment complex that Kovaceski helped to open and currently helms as executive chef.
2. Continue on for his recipe and prepare them yourself.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Byblos' Middleterranean Melody in South Beach
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Piola on Lincoln Road Closing Tonight, Funeral Planned — With Coffin
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Week: Chef Adrianne Calvo's Sexy New Cookbook and...