Miami Lobster & Shrimp Cakes Cop Carolina Accolade
Klime Kovaceski is from Macedonia, not Miami, but during his years as owner of Crystal Cafe (which was on 41st Street in Miami Beach), the personable chef was adopted as a native son by a large and fiercely loyal local clientele. These former patrons will knowingly smile when they hear that Crystal's signature lobster and shrimp cake copped the top prize last week as Best Hot Dish at Share Our Strength's Taste of the Nation event in Charlotte, North Carolina (same benefit to feed hungry kids as the Allen Susser-coordinated Miami affair).
To enjoy these luscious seafood cakes you can do one of two things:
1. Head to Mez, the new Charlotte restaurant in a new EpiCentre entertainment complex that Kovaceski helped to open and currently helms as executive chef.
2. Continue on for his recipe and prepare them yourself.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall