Miami Heat Game 6: Top Five Places to Watch the Team on an Expense Account
Here's the dilemma: if you stay home and watch Dirk Nowitzki in Sunday's Game 6, you'll swear at the TV set and probably break something. And your boss stuck you with the job of entertaining the new clients. You can't take them to the local sports bar, but you can take them to one of these places, where fine dining and the NBA Finals mix. So grab the company credit card and prepare to enjoy the game and a great meal on the boss!
Martinez is putting up a big screen especially for the
finals. Enjoy Michelle Bernstein's signature tapas menus and start a new
tradition: sangria and paella instead of beer and wings. 4000 NE Second Ave., Miami
4. All three Morton's the Steakhouse locations in Miami-Dade are celebrating the game by extending their happy hour specials to include game time. Their "White Hot Heat Power Hour" features bar bites for $5 and $6, and beer, wine, and cocktails for $4 to $7. Watch the game on several HD plasma screens around the bar or in each location's Boardroom on a nine-foot drop-down screen.
1200 Brickell Ave., Miami
2333 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables
4041 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
3. For once, all eyes will be on a giant TV screen instead of the incredible view, as Area 31 at the Epic Hotel downtown hosts a Miami Heat watch party. Enjoy chef E. Michael Reidt's fresh seafood and extensive bar menu, and take a break from the game with a cigar on the terrace deck. 270 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami
2. Celebrate the red-hot Heat by sampling one of the Forge's 80 wines in its Enomatic machines. Place a card in the slot, choose a wine, and let the robotic sommelier pour you a taste or a glass of vino to enjoy as you cheer the Heat to victory. 432 Arthur Godfrey Rd., Miami Beach
1. Bodegon de Brickell's manager, Tony, is offering all New Times readers a "welcome drink" during the game, which will be shown on a theater-size screen and six 42-inch screens, all in HD. 801 Brickell Bay Dr., Miami
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Coyo Taco Expanding, But Not in October
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Krups announces Miami Nominees for Best Brew Awards
- McDonald's Offers All-Day Breakfast in Miami