Miami Food Culture Featured in New York Times Magazine
An old lady reads the gray lady.
Detail of a New York Times Advertisement - 1895
Sunday, New York City, the world; literally hundreds of people will read the newspaper that made newspapers famous.
Good thing they have a website.
Yesterday's Sunday Times Magazine, in a pre-preemptive strike on Art Basel madness, featured Miami, our restaurants, hotels, spas, dives, and clubs.
Here are their food highlights (as determined by Suzy Buckley) in order of appearance:
- David's Cafe II for coffee and a pastelito.
Grassfed burger and beer at 8 oz. Burger Bar.
Champagne at Caviar Kaspia at the Webster Hotel.
Dinner at Prime 112.
Fontainebleau has eight restaurants.
BLT Steak at the Betsy Hotel.
Pork dumplings at Hakkasan.
Crispy Beef at Mr. Chow.
Wonton Soup at Phillippe.
Lemongrass Skewered Chicken at Asia De Cuba.
Ham and Chees Empanadas at Go Go Fresh Food Cafe.
- Ropa Vieja at Islas Canarias.
- Black Bean Soup at Las Culebrinas.
- Arroz Con Pollo at Enriqueta's Cafe.
- Late night eating at Yambo.
- Sra. Martinez for "the unmissable foie gras with brown butter apples and braised pork."
- Pizza Volante "Jonathan Eismann's Roman-style, industrial-chic pizzeria and mozzarella bar."
- "Fratelli Lyon's sumptuous plates of salumi, cheese, pasta and seafood."
- Il Gabbiano: "in a primo space tucked behind a downtown high-rise."
- Garcia's Seafood Grille & Fish Market "the best dolphin sandwich in town."
- Monty's: "Graze on overflowing platters of seafood and chicken wings during a crowded half-price happy hour."
- Smith & Wollensky for drinks and oysters with an ocean view.
- Jimbo's for smoked fish and beer.
- Versailles restaurant for eats in Little Havana.
- Mangoandlime.net for food bloggage.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall