Miami Chefs Give Free Cooking Demonstrations During Miami Spice
For Miami Spice, some of Miami's top chefs are putting on cooking demonstrations around town durning the two-month program. Even better, the demos are free and open to the public.
Chefs from at least a dozen of Miami's best restaurants -- including Michael Aguilar of Wynwood Kitchen & Bar, Jordan Hoffman of Bianca, and Fabrizio Carro of Quattro Gastronomia Italiana -- will be on hand at four locations, showing off their skills and their restaurants' menus.
Don't forget: Cooking demonstrations usually mean free samples.
If you want to pony up some cash, there are also two, more exclusive cooking demonstrations on tap at the Cellar Club at the Biltmore Hotel. The first, on August 18, is an interactive cooking demonstration featuring Gaston Sanchez from Bongos Cuban Café and Larios on the Beach.
The second one, on September 15, is hosted by Marcia Orozco from the Dome Restaurant and Caviar Bar. Each of those demos costs $52 for Cellar Club members and $65 for nonmembers. Both demonstrations begin at noon, and you must reserve a space. Call 305-445-8066, ext. 2374.
If you don't feel like forking over cash for a cooking show, check out one of the dozens of free demonstrations. Space is limited, so you must reserve a spot.
The first batch comprises "lifestyle cooking courses" at the Whole Foods in Coral Gables, beginning at 7 p.m. (Call 305-421-9435 for reservations.):
- August 7 Jordan Torres, Morton's the Steakhouse Coral Gables
- August 8 Gaston Sanchez, Larios on the Beach/Bongos Cuban Café
- August 14 Kareem Anguin, the Oceanaire Seafood Room
- August 15 Brett Hessler, Shula's 347
- August 21 Josh Eckstadt, Deco Blue Restaurant & Lounge
- August 22 Jordan Hoffman, Bianca
- August 23 Julie Frans, Essensia at the Palms Hotel & Spa
- September 12 Jonathan McCann, Atrio Restaurant & Wine Room
At Macy's at the Aventura Mall on the second floor, classes begin at 1 p.m. (Call 305-905-8341 for reservations.)
- August 11 Miguel Aguilar, Wynwood Kitchen & Bar
- August 18 Gaston Sanchez, Larios on the Beach/Bongos Cuban Café
- August 25 Tony Velazquez, 1500° at Eden Roc
- September 8 Jonathan McCann, Atrio Restaurant & Wine Room
- September 22 Jordan Hoffman, Bianca
And at Bloomingdale's at the Aventura Mall in the third-floor kitchen, classes also begin at 1 p.m. (Call 305-792-1288 for reservations.)
- August 4 Laird Boles, Mister Collins
- August 11 Pablo Guarella, Morton's Tte Steakhouse North Miami
- August 25 Julia Frans, Essensia at the Palms Hotel and Spa
- September 1 Brian Diaz, Il Mulino NY - Miami
- September 8 Gaston Sanchez, Larios on the Beach/Bongos Cuban Café
- September 22 Fabrizio Carro, Quattro Gastronomia Italiana
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Pincho Factory Opening in Hialeah Next Week: Locations in Brickell, Midtown Miami,...
Thu., Feb. 25, 8:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
- Food Halls Planned for Little Haiti, Wynwood, Downtown Miami
- Surfcomber's Social Club Brunch: Order the Doughnuts and Breakfast Sandwich