MC Kitchen to Open Next Week: What Dena Marino is Most Excited About
Pia-Dena, a take on a piadina, fresh from the wood-burning oven.
MC Kitchen via Facebook
Dena Marino and partner Brandy Coletta have been working on MC Kitchen for about six months now.
The Design District restaurant in the former Fratelli Lyon space, featuring modern Italian cuisine, has been completely reworked from the ground up, as evidenced by the restaurant's "demolition" photo gallery on its Facebook page.
- MC Kitchen's Dena Marino on Modern Italian: Veal Ravioli, Wood-Burning Oven, Charred Lasagna
- MC Kitchen, Dena Marino's Modern Italian, to Replace Fratelli Lyon
Marino, who is targeting a November 15 opening date, "Miami willing", is clearly excited about her new venture. When we caught up with her, the chef apologized for her speed-talk, "I'm at the point where I'm really giddy."
Marino, who didn't have a finalized menu to share with us just yet,
still managed to get our attention when she mentioned her plans for the
restaurant's wood-burning oven. "I'm excited about baking a lot of
non-pizza dishes in that oven, like baked pastas. You know, with the
crunchy, kinda burnt edges?"
In addition to an extensive dinner
menu, MC Kitchen will also serve lunch, including a large selection of
salads, fish, and oven-baked piadinas (Pia-Denas), flatbreads topped with cheese, meat, and vegetables that are meant to be folded over and eaten with your hands.
The chef is also
looking forward to sharing the decor with patrons, "I'm super
excited about everyone seeing the transformed space."
Marino is anticipating the most is interacting with guests at the
12-seat chef's bar, adjacent to the oven. "I have to tell you -- I'm
just a little nervous to see who's going to be the first people to eat
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall