Kiss My Cocktail: The Firecracker for Cinco de Mayo
Drinko de Cinco!
1. Blast the hall-of-famer's "Mas Tequila" on your iPod speakers
2. Prep for a round of Michelada Beer Pong (beer with lime juice)
3. Fill a piñata with candied lime and peppers to make partygoers thirst for beers, margaritas, and, of course, The Firecracker (recipe following).
4. Don a sombrero and your favorite "Kiss Me, I'm Mexican" t-shirt
5. Keep the liquor flowing
Or if you aren't the David Tutera of party planning and you'd rather just go to where the festivities are always in swing, head to the Hagar's Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
2 oz tequila (Cabo Wabo Blanco
3 dashes of hot sauce
2 small slices serrano pepper
1 oz fresh orange juice
1/2 oz agave nectar
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
1/4 oz orange Curaçao
1 orange twist
Directions: Place all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously, and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- The Salty Donut Is Popping Up in South Beach This Weekend
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- Plant-Based Eating Author Rip Esselstyn at Whole Foods Coral Gables Wednesday
- Gastropod's Fried Chicken Sandwich Reigns Supreme