Kiss My Cocktail: The Firecracker for Cinco de Mayo
Drinko de Cinco!
You can trust a rocker to know how to create some kickin' booze and one hell of a party, right? Use Cinco de Mayo as an excuse to try Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo Tequila and throw a fiesta his way:
1. Blast the hall-of-famer's "Mas Tequila" on your iPod speakers
2. Prep for a round of Michelada Beer Pong (beer with lime juice)
3. Fill a piñata with candied lime and peppers to make partygoers thirst for beers, margaritas, and, of course, The Firecracker (recipe following).
4. Don a sombrero and your favorite "Kiss Me, I'm Mexican" t-shirt
5. Keep the liquor flowing
Or if you aren't the David Tutera of party planning and you'd rather just go to where the festivities are always in swing, head to the Hagar's Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
2 oz tequila (Cabo Wabo Blanco recommended)
3 dashes of hot sauce
2 small slices serrano pepper
1 oz fresh orange juice
1/2 oz agave nectar
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
1/4 oz orange Curaçao
1 orange twist
Directions: Place all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously, and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall