Karlie Tomica Expected To Be Charged with DUI Manslaughter Today
Karlie Tomica to be charged with DUI Manslaughter.
Karlie Tomica, the self-proclaimed "party princess" that allegedly killed Terrazza executive chef Stefano Riccioletti on January 29 in a hit-and-run, is scheduled to appear in court this morning.
Tomica is expected to be charged with DUI manslaughter; leaving the scene of an accident involving a death; resisting arrest without violence; and DUI property damage, according to The Miami Herald.
- Karlie Tomica To Be Charged With DUI Manslaughter Today
- Terrazza Chef Stefano Riccioletti's Son Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Hit-and-Run Suspect Karlie Tomica: Underage Bartender at Nikki Beach?
- Terrazza Chef Stefano Riccioletti Killed in Hit-and-Run
- Karlie Tomica "Is Not a Horrible Person", says Former Co-Worker
- Karlie Tomica's Blood Alcohol Level Three Times Limit, says Miami Beach Police
Tomica left the scene of the accident and was followed home by a Good Samaritan who called 911, leading to her arrest.
At first Tomica was charged with "leaving the scene of a crash involving death", but toxicology report findings show that her BAC (blood alcohol content) was .225. That's three times the legal limit.
Tomica is also facing several civil lawsuits filed by Riccioletti's son,
Jacopo Riccioletti, and his ex-wife, Patrizia Pesce, on behalf of their
two minor children. Also named in the civil lawsuits are Penrod
Brothers Inc. (DBA Nikki Beach Club). Tomica was a bartender at the popular South Beach club and allegedly left the premises drunk after her work shift.
Read Riptide for further details on this story.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Pincho Factory Opening in Hialeah Next Week: Locations in Brickell, Midtown Miami,...
Sat., Feb. 20, 8:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 8:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
- Food Halls Planned for Little Haiti, Wynwood, Downtown Miami
- Surfcomber's Social Club Brunch: Order the Doughnuts and Breakfast Sandwich