Summer in Miami is here and with the humidity and afternoon rains
The most surprising closings were the abrupt shuttering of Miami favorite Kings County Pizza and Tim Andriola's Basil Park. Three restaurants have also temporarily closed: Red Ginger, Apeiro Kitchen & Bar, and Soho Bay.
A number of highly anticipated restaurants are coming to Miami. Chef Michael Solomonov is bringing Federal Donuts to Wynwood, Michael Schwartz is opening
Chef Leon owner Vanesa Simons with her grandfather and main source of inspiration, Chef Leon.
Photo by Gustavo Saiegh
Bianchini Mercato (220 NW 27th St., Miami)
- Deck at Island Gardens (888 MacArthur Cswy., Miami)
- Half Moon Empanadas (860 NE 79th St., Miami)
- Hydrate Medical Miami on-demand hangover cures (hydratemedical.com)
- LT Steak & Seafood at the Betsy Hotel
- Laduree Pop-Up turns permanent (4025 NE Second Ave., Miami)
- Lounge at Byblos
- Miami Smokers Pop-Up (1000 S. Miami Ave., Miami)
- Pizza & Burger Michael's Backyard Kitchen Pop-Up opens for the summer at Michael Mina 74
- Sugaafina at Aventura Mall
- Sushi Maki
- Sweet Melody Ice Cream Pop-Up at YVE Hotel Miami
- TacoCraft (5829 SW 73rd St., South Miami)
- Taste Buds of India ( 5850 Sunset Dr., South Miami)
Courtesy of Basil Park
- Apeiro Kitchen & Bar (temporary)
- Basil Park
- King's County Pizza
- Red Ginger (temporary)
- Soho Bay (temporary)
Artist rendering of the Bazaar by José Andrés
Courtesy of SLS Brickell
- 305 Brews - Beer bar opening in midtown Miami
- Agave Taco Bar - Opening in Doral
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar - Opening at Aventura ParkSquare project
- The Avenue - British pub fare and American beer to open in Arts & Entertainment District
- Azucar - Opening near FIU
- Bake House - Opening in Miami Beach
- Bazaar Mar - José
Andrésopening at SLS Brickell
- Bikini Barista - Coming to midtown
- Bird & Bone - Richard Hales opening a chicken truck in Wynwood Yard
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Company - Opening in Doral
- Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - Opening in Miami
BousaBrewing Co. - Brewery opening in Little River District
- The Brick - Farm to table coming to Dadeland area
- The Broken Shaker - Opening in Los Angeles
- Cake Thai Kitchen - Opening in Wynwood
- Casa Florida - Opening at Roam Miami
- CREAM - Coffee shop opening on Biscayne Blvd.
- Employees Only - Famed New York City bar opening in Miami Beach
- Estefan Kitchen - Gloria and Emilio are at it again
- Federal Donuts - Michael Solomonov coming to Wynwood
- Freddo Helado - Opening in Doral
Fi'lia- Michael Schwartz opening at SLS Brickell
- Gravity Brewlab - Opening in Wynwood
- Graziano's - Opening at Aventura ParkSquare project
- Groovin' Bean - Coffeehouse and lounge opening in Overtown
- Hank & Harry's - Buzzy Sklar to open New York-style deli in South Beach
- Harry's Pizzeria - Chef Michael Schwartz expanding several locations
- IceBox Cafe - Opening at Aventura ParkSquare project
- In the Kitchen With Norman van Aken - Opening at Wynwood Arcade
- Itabe - Kevin Aoki and Roman Jones collaborate on a restaurant.
- Kiki on the River - Greek cuisine on the river
- Jugofresh Kitchen - Opening in Sunset Harbour
- Junior's - Iconic cheesecake and restaurant opening
- La Muse Cafe - Jamie DeRosa opening a Brickell café
- Latin House Grill - Opening near FIU
- Le Macaron - Opening at Dadeland Mall and other locations
- Local Boy Poke - Opening in Wynwood
- Local 'Q - Barbecue concept by The Local
- Mediterranean Kitchen - Opening in Aventura
- Mojo Donuts & Fried Chicken - Coming to Westchester
- Ms. Cheezious - Planning expansion
- My Ceviche - Coming to Midtown and MIA
- NightLife Brewing Company - Brewery planned for Marlins Park
- Palmeiras Beach Club - Opening in Coconut Grove
- Panther Coffee - Opening in MiMo, and Little Haiti
- Paraiso Bay Restaurant & Beach Club - Michael Schwartz opening a restaurant at this Edgewater complex
- Pasion del Cielo - Opening in Brickell and Doral
- Paulie Gee's Brooklyn Pizza - Coming to Upper Eastside
- Persona Pizzeria - California chain coming to Miami
- Phuc Yea! - Popular pop-up opening in MiMo
- Pincho Factory - Opening several locations in Doral, West Kendall, Pinecrest
- PlugIn - Karaoke palace opening at Gulfstream
- Pubbelly Sushi - Opening at Brickell City Centre
- Revolution in Bloom - Vegan and vegetarian cuisine
- Rubio's Coastal Grill - California chain to open in former Lime locations.
- Salty Donut - Doughnut shop coming to Wynwood
- The Smile - NYC establishment to open in Miami
- Spanglish Ales - Another brewery to open in Wynwood
- Spring Chicken - Several other locations opening
- Sullivan St. Bakery - Opening in Little Haiti
- Tanuki - From Moscow to South Beach
- Toasted Bagels - Coming to Coral Gables
- Tobacco Road - New and improved Road opening this winter
- Tropical Barbecue - Kris Wessel returns with Little Haiti barbecue place
- Tutto Il Giorno - Authentic Italian fare coming soon
- Unbranded Brewing Company - Hialeah's first brewery
- Union Beer - Beer to go and bar opening in Little Havana
- Velvet Creme - Iconic doughnuts returning to Miami
- Which Wich - Opening several locations in Miami
- Whole Foods Market - Proposed megastore in Sunset Harbour
- Zak the Baker - Planning an expansion of his café and bakery
Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth
Courtesy of the Sarsaparilla Club
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Projects in the Works
- Chef Alex Stupak is shopping for a location in Miami for a taco restaurant.
- Joël Robuchon is opening eateries in the Design District.
Wanjey, a partner at Zuma and Coya, will open a French restaurant in Brickell this year.
- Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth will open a seafood restaurant at the former PB Steak location in Sunset Harbour.
- Jose Garces is rumored to be opening a Miami restaurant.
- Alfredo Patino plans to open a French concept on 79th Street.
Embarek Alibaywill open a café adjacent to his La Parisienne Bakery (1909 NE 154th St., North Miami Beach).
- Geoffrey Zakarian is opening a restaurant at the Diplomat in Hallandale Beach.
- Marcus Samuelsson and his team are going forward with a proposed restaurant in Overtown.
- A 38,000-square-foot Italian food market will open at Brickell City Centre.