Johnson & Wales Anniversary Contest: Eat, Tweet, And Win
Timon Balloo (shown with JWU culinary students) is playing the eat and tweet game.
Johnson & Wales University North Miami is celebrating its 20th anniversary with a unique contest. And to help them, they've enlisted the aid of some of their culinary school alumni.
Alumni who, by the way, happen to be behind the burners at some of Miami's best restaurants.
To celebrate JWU's North Miami campus' birthday, the school is holding an Eat and Tweet contest. Starting today at noon, JWU is asking you to eat at one of the 14 participating restaurants and tweet a picture as proof. The first 100 participants will win a $25 gift certificate to the restaurant they tweet from. Here are the details:
1. Follow the Johnson & Wales North Miami Twitter account (@JWUNorthMiami)
2. Go eat at one of the restaurants (listed below)
3. During your meal, tweet a photo that clearly shows you're at the restaurant (so if you're taking a photo of the food, make sure the name of the restaurant or some distinguishing piece of decor is showing) using hashtag #ISeeJWU.
4. If there are multiple people at your table, you're all eligible to enter the contest (as long as everyone tweets from different accounts, using different photos).
5. You can only win once per twitter account.
If you're one of the first 100 people to tweet a photo, you'll receive a direct message with details on how to claim your prize. All entrants who submit a photo will win a SFF (South Florida foodie) cling sticker (sticker not edible).
In addition, both the staff and chef/alumni of JWU will be be tweeting daily, using the #ISeeJWU hashtag, so expect to be spotted at the restaurant -- sort of an I Spy situation.
The contest ends Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 10 p.m. or until the 100 gift certificates run out.
Here's a list of the participating restaurants and the names of the chefs who are JWU alumni:
Bin no.18 (Alfredo Patino - chef owner)
Chef Adrienne's Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar (Adrianne Calvo - chef owner)
Crumb on Parchment (Michelle Bernstein - chef owner)
Michy's (Michelle Bernstein - chef owner)
Panorama Restaurant & Sky Lounge (Christopher Cramer - executive chef)
Pubbelly (Jose Mendin - chef/partner)
Sra. Martinez (Michelle Bernstein - chef owner)
Sustain Restaurant + Bar (Alex Pinero - executive chef)
Jimmy'z Kitchen (Jimmy Carey - chef owner)
Lou's Beer Garden (Luis Ramirez - chef owner)
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar (Jeffrey McInnis - executive chef)
Sushi Samba (Timon Balloo - executive chef)
Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill (Timon Balloo - executive chef)
The Oceanaire Seafood Room (Kareen Anguin - executive chef)
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Raw Master Matthew Kenney on His Wynwood Restaurant: "It's One of the Most Stunning...
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Art Basel 2015: Where to Score Free Food & Drink With Your Art
- Boozy Art Basel: Here's Where Art and Drink Collide This Week