The Miami Book Fair International is a big deal. Not just for book nerds and wannabe authors, but for foodies, too, since the lineup of chefs, food writers and edible events gets more impressive every year.
The roster for November's fair, announced on Friday night, includes a whole host of Miami's own top culinary talents. Check out the full foodie lineup after the jump.
Notably, former New Times food critic Jen Karetnick will be on hand with her ode to our most ubiquitous resident: Mango. The tome is a guidebook to the famous fruit, with recipes and contributions from chefs Norman Van Aken and Allen Susser, plus others.
Plus, South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder Lee Schrager will be in attendance with his book, Fried & True: More Than 50 Recipes for America's Best Fried Chicken and Sides.
Epicure Market's chef Michael Love will be appearing with his guide to rescuing food destined for the dumpster, The Salvage Chef Cookbook; Steve Martorano with his cookbook slash memoir: It Ain't Sauce, It's Gravy: Macaroni, Homestyle Cheesesteaks, the Best Meatballs in the World, and How Food Saved My Life; Miami's newest celebrity chef transplant Fabio Viviani, with Fabio's American Home Kitchen: More Than 125 Recipes With an Italian Accent; and Miami-raised Ana Sofia Pelaez with The Cuban Table.
Other chefs and food writers that made the lineup include:
- Gabrielle Hamilton with Prune.
- Mark Kurlansky with International Night: A Father and Daughter Cook Their Way Around the World.
- Libby O'Connell (lead historian at The History Channel) with The American Palate.
- Jesse Schenker with All or Nothing: One Chef's Appetite for the Extreme Blending Kitchen Confidential, Blood, Bones & Butter, and Breaking Bad.
- Kate Christensen with Blue Plate Special: An Autobiography of My Appetites.
- Dana Cowin (longtime editor-in-chief of Food & Wine) with Mastering My Mistakes in the Kitchen: Learning to Cook with 65 Great Chefs and over 100 Delicious Recipes .
- Linda Gassenheimer with Simply Smoothies: Fresh & Fast Diabetes-Friendly Snacks and Complete Meals & No-Fuss Diabetes Desserts:Fresh, Fast & Diabetes-Friendly Desserts.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
The schedule of events has yet to be announced but stay tuned. It looks like a doozy this year. The fair runs from November 13 through 23 at Miami Dade College.
Follow Hannah on Twitter @hannahgetshappy.