Harry Potter's Lawyers to Bake Shop: No Butterbeer or Acid Pops for You!
On the very day the not-so-young wizard debuted in his final onscreen performance in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, lawyers for his studio, Warner Bros., have zapped a South Miami bake shop.
This morning, we reported about the Harry Potter-themed sweet treats at Sweetness Bake Shop & Café on Sunset Drive. But, we have just learned, the shop's owners -- who also steward the area's first dessert truck, Sugar Rush -- have received a cease-and-desist letter arguing the names of Harry's treats are proprietary.
What a bunch of muggles!
The shop's response: Cave in. Kind of. Owners renamed -- only slightly -- replicas of the weird foods served in the multiple-part Potter bonanza.
Among the changes:
- Butterbeer is now buttered beer: cream soda cake and butterscotch filling
topped with butterscotch buttercream.
- Acid pop is now acidule pop: lemon cake with sour acidule filling and sour
- Pumpkin juice is now juiced pumpkin: spiced pumpkin cake topped with spiced
- Strawberry peanut butter: peanut butter cake and strawberry filling topped
with strawberry buttercream.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Hurricane Party and Survival Tips From Miami's Best Chefs
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Miami Dolphins Get Stadium, Food Upgrades: Sloppy Joe's, Versailles, Bodega Taqueria y...
- Stripsteak Brunch: Braised Bacon, Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, and an Endless Dessert...