Halloween Freebies and Deals: Sweetness Bakeshop, Krispy Kreme, Daily Melt, and More
Halloween leaves grown ups feeling a lot like the Trix Rabbit -- unfairly deprived just because we're past puberty. Too old for trick or treating, seriously? Don't we deserve free goodies given all the shitty adult responsibilities we're saddled with?
Luckily, there are some places that believing in rewarding those over the age of 12. Here's a round-up of Halloween week freebies and deals, so you can feel a little less resentful of your five-year-old's candy haul.
See also: The Top Ten Halloween Events in Miami
- Midtown's Daily Melt is hosting a Halloween party and new mural unveiling on Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. You can score free grilled cheese, beer and wine (for grown ups) and candy and fun stuff for the little ones.
- Nab a free donut at Krispy Kreme if you show up in costume on Halloween. And really, what wouldn't you do for a free donut?
- Show up to either of the Sweetness Bakeshop locations in costume on Halloween, score a free cupcake or dessert shot. Sugar rush, for real.
Specials and deals:
- Score a $3 burrito (or bowl, or salad, or tacos) at Chipotle if you show up in costume from 4 p.m. to close on Halloween. That's as good a reason as any to dig out that old cheerleader outfit.
- Shake Shack locations are serving up a couple of specials that sound scary delicious. For $4 you can score a "Halloweenie", a Vienna all-beef hot dog split and griddled crisp, topped with pumpkin mustard, crumbled bacon, cranberries and sage; or for $5.50, a "Shack O'Lantern Shake", vanilla frozen custard hand-spun with pumpkin, marshmallow and autumn spices. You can nab 'em through Halloween.
- Bulla Gastrobar in the Gables is serving up two creepy cocktails for the occasion, the Boo-lla's Poison (Grey Goose, egg white, black cherry syrup, cranberry juice, lemon juice, sweet vermouth and dry red wine) and the Gypsy's Brew (lemon juice, Grand Marnier, pumpkin puree, licor de hierbas, muddled oranges). Both will be 50% off, so $6 apiece.
Follow Hannah on Twitter @hannahalexs.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.