Grill Grrrl's Buffalo Sliders Recipe
Robin Medlin / Grill Grrrl
Now that you have Grill Grrrl's (Robin Medlin) grilling tips from earlier, you should be ready to try her buffalo sliders. On July 4, follow Medlin's suggestion to create a slider bar by serving your favorite toppings and letting your guests create their own specialty burger.
Buffalo meat is much leaner than beef and is also extremely high in iron and B vitamins. Ground buffalo can be found in the "Greenwise" section at your local Publix.
1 lb buffalo meat, enough for 6-8 mini sliders
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees)
2. Mix the meat with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Start with a small ball of meat, (about 1/4 cup or so) and flatten into a disc. Do this with all the meat -- it will make about six to eight patties.
3. Put burgers on direct heat on a medium grill. Cook the buffalo sliders the same way you would cook beef burgers: Make sure to get the grill at least to medium-high for a bit, and check that the meat reaches an internal temp of at least 160 degrees farenheit, (at least five minutes on the grill). Cook the sliders according to your choice of doneness -- rare, medium, etc.
4. While the burgers are on the grill, top them with your favorite cheese. Add buns to the grill on the upper tray (for gas) or on indirect heat (for charcoal) to slightly toast them.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami Ranked One of the Ten Best Food Cities for Your Wallet
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Gianni's at the Villa: Opulent Dinners at Versace's Former Mansion
- Brickell's Golden Fig Isn't Perfect Yet