At Eating House in Coral Gables, Giorgio Rapicavoli serves Tang mimosas, Cap'n Crunch pancakes, and croquetas bánh mì. When he isn't at his restaurant, the playful chef seeks out cool spots and laid-back neighborhood joints. Here, in his own words, are his favorite restaurants in Miami.
1. Zuma: "I love Zuma. Not only because it's Zuma, but also because of chef Michael Lewis' talent in working with incredible Japanese ingredients."
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
2. Sakaya Kitchen: "The duck sandwich is unreal. I've talked about it before, but the love I have for this sandwich is second to none."
3. Casa Larios: "Not the one on the Beach or in South Miami. I stick to the Casa Larios on Flagler by the Mall of the Americas. Get the vaca frita on Thursdays!"
4. Macchialina/Pubbelly: "I always have a great meal at the Pubbelly group's spots. Not just because of the awesome food, but also because it's great to see my buddies busting their asses and living out their dreams."
5. Blue Collar: "Danny Serfer gives us delicious food at great prices — not much of a better combination than that. Those Portuguese muffins are the truth."