Krispy Kreme is offering a BOGO deal as a way to recognize everyday heroes such as teachers, firemen, and Stephen Colbert.
On Monday, you get 12 free glorious, sticky, glazed delights when you buy a dozen ($8.49) during Krispy Kreme's "Hero Appreciation Day."
Though Krispy Kreme opened way back in 1937, the chain has kept up with the times. Glaze guzzlers are invited to "join the conversation" Monday by using #heroappreciationday and mentioning the company on Twitter @krispykreme.
The company has even posted an uplifting video, "Celebrating Superheroes Among Us," on YouTube, which promotes another hashtag: #sweetspots.
In honor of Krispy Kreme's generosity and display of affection for heroes everywhere, we decided to show the company some love. Here are five facts you might not know about the company:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Its original offering, the glazed doughnut, is still its best-selling one.
- The popular doughnut is available in 21 countries, including India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.
- Each location can produce up to 3 million doughnuts per day, totaling more than a billion a year.
- Before implementing its current automated doughnut-shaping system in the 1950s, Krispy Kreme doughnuts were cut by hand.
- It takes all the stores only 22 seconds to produce a stack of doughnuts equal in height to the Empire State Building.
On Monday, don't forget you're also someone's hero -- it's OK to keep the 24 doughnuts all to yourself.
Follow Ily on Twitter @realily.