Get a Free Dozen Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Monday
Don't act like your eyes don't glaze over when you see the neon "Hot Now" sign.
Bernarddd via CC
Krispy Kreme is offering a BOGO deal as a way to recognize everyday heroes such as teachers, firemen, and Stephen Colbert.
On Monday, you get 12 free glorious, sticky, glazed delights when you buy a dozen ($8.49) during Krispy Kreme's "Hero Appreciation Day."
Though Krispy Kreme opened way back in 1937, the chain has kept up with the times. Glaze guzzlers are invited to "join the conversation" Monday by using #heroappreciationday and mentioning the company on Twitter @krispykreme.
The company has even posted an uplifting video, "Celebrating Superheroes Among Us," on YouTube, which promotes another hashtag: #sweetspots.
In honor of Krispy Kreme's generosity and display of affection for heroes everywhere, we decided to show the company some love. Here are five facts you might not know about the company:
- Its original offering, the glazed doughnut, is still its best-selling one.
- The popular doughnut is available in 21 countries, including India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.
- Each location can produce up to 3 million doughnuts per day, totaling more than a billion a year.
- Before implementing its current automated doughnut-shaping system in the 1950s, Krispy Kreme doughnuts were cut by hand.
- It takes all the stores only 22 seconds to produce a stack of doughnuts equal in height to the Empire State Building.
On Monday, don't forget you're also someone's hero -- it's OK to keep the 24 doughnuts all to yourself.
Follow Ily on Twitter @realily.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Broadway, Beer, and Christmas
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Tamarina Debuts Brunch: All-You-Can-Eat Oysters, Pasta, and Pancakes
- Best Quick and Easy Restaurants for Art Basel 2015