Gables Opens Up the Streets, Texas de Brazil Opens Up Some Scotch, and Militello Opens at The Office
Dine On Giralda Without Cars
Tomorrow, January 8, from 6 p.m. to midnight, Downtown Coral Gables' Restaurant Row (located on the 100 block of Giralda Ave. between Ponce de Leon Blvd. and Galiano Street) will feature al fresco dining and live entertainment as part of Giralda Under the Stars. During this event, which takes place the first Friday of every month, the street is closed and eleven downtown Coral Gables restaurants and bars extend their dining rooms onto the sidewalks.
Participating restaurants and bars include Archie's Gourmet Pizza, Bangkok Bangkok, Castelluccio Ristorante, La Dorada, Las Vegas Restaurant, Miss Saigon Bistro, The Bar, Talavera, Spris Restaurant, Pasion del Cielo and Il Grissino.
To make a reservation for an al fresco table, click here.
On January 19, at 7 p.m., Texas de Brazil Miami Beach is offering a three-course dinner with scotch pairings. Here's the menu:
- Welcome drink: Black Grouse and Ginger Ale
- First course: Mache Salad with Pan Seared Goat Cheese, Figs and Apricot Macallan 15 Dressing; paired with Macallan 15 year Fine oak.
- Second Course: Texas de Brazil's famous meats including but not limited to Picanha, leg of lamb and Brazilian sausage. The meat will be paired with the Highland Park 18 year, a heavy, smoky, and, um, meaty scotch.
- Third Course: Triple layer Chocolate mousse cake and Macallan 18 year with ice sphere presentation.
Cost is $85. Adriana Group Brand Ambassadors Martin Daraz and Jay Liddell will be in attendance to facilitate the scotch tastings. Reservations required.
300 Alton Rd, Miami Beach; 305-695-7702.
Militello Clocks In At The Office Tomorrow
That would be The Office in Delray Beach , the latest sleek restaurant from the David Manero Restaurant Group (whose Miami outpost is DeVito South Beach). This pairing seems more suited to Militello's creative talents than 1 Bleu ever was.
The Office, 201 East Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach; 561-276-3600.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Vagabond Restaurant & Bar To Start Lunch Service on Tuesday: Pork Tonkatsu,...
- The Rolling Stove's Troy Thomas Takes Over Churchill's Pub Kitchen
- Instacart Same-Day Grocery Delivery Lets You Shop Without Having to Go Anywhere
- Backstage with Michael Schwartz, Giorgio Rapicavoli, and Aussie Celeb Chef Pete Evans