Free Australian Lamb App
There's something missing in your life, but you can't quite put your finger on what it is? I've got the answer: You've been subconsciously yearning for an Australian lamb app for your iPhone and iPad. Yearn no more. Now it's available for download, free, through the Apple App Store.
Stephen Edwards, Foodservice Business Development Manager for Meat and Livestock Australia: "With this app, we aim to de-mystify lamb and help home cooks and foodies understand that if they cook beef, they can easily prepare lamb!"
Here's how it works:
- There's a slot-machine style recipe finder where users select a cut of lamb in the first reel, their preferred cooking technique in the second, and the specific meal they'd like in the third. Give a tap and a suitable recipe will appear.
- A "Surprise Me" feature provides recipes randomly selected by tapping on a roulette-style spin-wheel.
- Using the iPhone's GPS, the "Location" feature offers users a map that pinpoints local retail stores that carry Australian lamb.
- The app's Information Tab tells you what you need to know about lamb sustainability, nutrition, shelf life, storage, and handling. A cooking chart aids in testing lamb for doneness.
Now somebody should tell the Pork Council to get cracking on a good bacon app.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall