Food News Roundup: Scott Rothstein Jail Cafeteria, Iowa, Orange Bowl, Cheeseburger Baby, Guns, and Tropicana Las Vegas
- Scott Rothstein might end up a food service worker at Miami's Federal Detention Center. [Sun-Sentinel]
- University of Iowa gets $1.95 million for making the Orange Bowl and plans an entourage of 600 Iowans eating, drinking, and hotelling in Miami. [Press-Citizen]
- Miami-Dade school cafeterias explore vegetarian options: veggie chicken nuggets, veggie burgers, and hummus platters. [Herald]
- You heard it here first. Okay Mountain Corner Store makes national news. [WallStreetJournal] [ShortOrder]
- Cheeseburger Baby on South Beach is now Google QR Code-equipped for cam-based barcode reader mobile content. [NYTimes]
- Armed robbers hit Miami Gardens Burger King, get away with cash Sunday night. [SunSentinel]
- Tropicana Las Vegas is "currently transforming itself into a vibrant, South Beach, Miami-themed escape. The revitalized Tropicana Las Vegas will feature a pulsating Latin beat, live salsa dancers, bright tropical colors, and a sizzling nightlife scene." South Beach has now officially jumped the shark. [PRnewswire]
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall