Food News Roundup: Lee Schrager, Top Chef, and Bacon Camp
- Man wants tacos so bad he's willing to kill for them.....maybe he'll like the ones in prison...if they find him. [Herald]
- Mayor Daley from Chicago says "I'm moving to Miami, where there are no taxes on food and no state income tax." [ChicagoTribune]
- Lee Schrager talks about getting asked to unclog toilets at early South Beach Wine and Food Fest. [NYPost]
- Top Chef renewed for 2010 by Bravo, season 7 casting calls coming to Miami soon. [Variety]
- Bill Marriott talks about "see-through condos in South Florida" and the guest experience that includes organic food in Marriott hotels. [Sun Sentinel]
- How To Leave Hialeah, book by Miami author Jennine Capó Crucet, has chapter on Noche Buena feast that features "two hundred pounds" of food. [AllHeadlines]
- Texas city makes fun of Miami for beating them at America's fattest city 2009 as determined by Men's Fitness Magazine. [HoustonChronicle]
- Muscle Maker Grill, a New Jersey-born concept that places health-core food establishments around gyms and fitness centers, is coming to Miami, and Ft. Lauderdale. [CoStar]
- Burger King to continue enticing folks with value options and value advertising in the Great Recession's Burger Wars. [Nation'sRestaurantNews]
- Haitian American Top Chef contestant Ron Duprat talks about getting kicked off the show by Michelle Bernstein. [CleanPlateCharlie]
- Bacon Camp has events in Miami. [DigitalCity]
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall