Food News Roundup: Frugal Traveler, Spring Break, Schnebly Winery, and the Tomato Drought
- Frugal traveler Matt Gross leaves cold New York for a one day trip to Miami, eats a Cuban sandwich. [NY Times]
- No need to starve yourself for Spring Break. [MiamiQuarterly]
- Agri-Tourism gets a boost thanks to new allowances in South Dade. [CBS4]
- At JP Morgan conference in Miami, Tyson meat executive explains reduced chicken exports to Russia, talks banned U.S. meat, and chlorine wash. [Reuters]
- The January freeze has seen average Florida tomato prices double, is a cause of concern for BK, Subway, others. [VCStar]
- Food and beverage cost cutting strategies provided by hotel chefs, including Wish at The Hotel on South Beach. [HotelsMag]
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall