Food News Roundup: Benihana, Brunch, Island Foods, Sherry, Mojitos, and Picnics
- Food and Wine calendar: Thursday through Sunday. [Herald]
- Miami based Benihana sales slightly up first quarter. BNHNA shares closed at a 52-week high of $8 on Tuesday. [BizJournals]
- Least creative top-ten brunch spots in Miami list ever, but probably still good, if you're into that sort of thing. [Blackbook]
- Jamaican finance minister goes to Kendall and urges diaspora to invest in overseas markets and bring more of the island's food products to the USA. [Jamaica-Gleaner]
- The Sherry Council of America enlists Seattle ad agency to make Sherry cool. They make a website and bring her to Miami. [Adage]
- Fine living network calls mojito a "southern drink" and encourages you to fix it up "Miami-style." [BusinessWire]
- A Joy Wallace Catering Production and Design Team to launch picnic division in the coming weeks. [SpecialEvents]
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall