Eating House to Host 4/20 Dinner for Stoners
It's no secret that the nation's official views on marijuana are changing for the better. States are ruling for the legalization of medical marijuana, and Colorado recently made history by becoming the first state to legalize the sale of recreational marijuana. Even Florida might jump on the bandwagon come November. If that happens, expect a lot more "comfort" food on restaurant menus.
Ever a trailblazer, Eating House's chef/owner Giorgio Rapicavoli for a few years has been hosting an annual 4/20 dinner. This year is no exception, with his Coral Gables restaurant opening for a rare, prix fixe Sunday dinner. Sunday, April 20, from 6:30 to 11 p.m., enjoy a special munchies menu, live music, drink specials, and stoner movies.
The prix fixe, served family-style, features a killer munchies menu priced at $42.0 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. Special wine and beer selections are $4.20. Do you see a pattern here?
Chef Rapicavoli tells Short Order that he's looking forward to hosting this most special dinner for the third year in a row, saying, "We've come up with a dope menu, and we've teamed with Miami Smokers for some killer guanciale and Tierra Nueva for their delicious chocolates."
Of course, these types of dinners can be fraught with peril, as evidenced by the chef's admission of a very embarrassing mixup: "The first year, my high school English teacher came with her family for regular dinner... That was awkward, to say the least." Luckily, that can't happen this year, because the regular à la carte menu won't be available that evening. Reservations, by the way, are strongly suggested.
The special Eating House 4/20 menu is:
- Mac 'n' cheese "croquetas" with bacon-onion marmalade
- Duck wings with "special grilled" sauce, pickled carrot, and celery.
- Lobster tacos with avocado crema, lime, and cabbage slaw.
- Hawaiian pizza with charred pineapple and Miami Smokers' guanciale.
- Carbonara loaded fries with black truffle, grana padano, and a soft-cooked egg.
- L'il Macs: two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.
- Mini Cap'n Crunch pancakes with candied cereal, condensed milk syrup, and vanilla butter.
- Tierra Nueva chocolate brownies with vanilla Dutch Master ice cream and salted caramel.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami Spice Deals Continue Through October
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Tequeñomania's Specialty Is Supreme
- Harry's Pizzeria Coconut Grove Opens Wednesday