Drink Up at Level 25, Luna Cafe, Meat Market and More
It's going to be a long weekend, whether or not you plan to get all up in the Memorial Day craziness. Here are some classy liquid opportunities to wind up before ....or down after...
Keep the planet top of mind at Go Green Tuesdays, menu to be announced soon
Body Mind and Planet: The Bar at Level 25 now has weekday happy hours that flaunt culturally relevant rather than cheesy themes. Skinny Thursdays kicks off May 28 from 5 - 8 p.m. (1395 Brickell Ave, (305) 503-6500.) It's anything but slim pickings at the under-200-calorie affair. Look for Skim Rose, Thin Fresh and Light Squeeze cocktails and the Beach-Ready menu ($6-$10) -- deemed a "low-cal take on savory gastro-pub fare." Start salivating, because Short Order's giving you a first glimpse of the menu...
- Petite Beef Sliders with pickles on a sesame seed bun
- Florida Seafood Ceviche Shooters with fresh key lime and crispy plantain chips
- Mini Ahi Tuna Tacos with avocado cream in crisp wonton chips
- Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon with frisse and chervil salad and mustard vinaigrette
Vroom Vroom Vines? Drinking and motoring don't mix, but the speed demons at Ducati are getting into the wine business. Grab a designated driver and get all revved up at Italian outpost Fratelli Lyon on Saturday, May 23, for the unveiling of "Desmorosso." Park yourself at the Marble Bar at 9:00 p.m. for a tasting, including antipasti compliments of Chef Alex Pinero. The 2006 red is the first of three wines available in the United States, initially in FL, NY and NJ, and combines Cabernet Sauvignon (70%), Merlot (20%) and Carmenère (10%) grown in the volcanic soils of the Colli Berici, neighboring Vicenza in Veneto. Desmorosso is currently only available at Fratelli Lyon locally.
Yeah, it's pretty swanky in true Billante form
Luna Cafe Boasts New Bar: "If we don't have it, they don't make it," chimes Tom Billante of his impressive new bar at the family's midtown outpost. Dip in for happy hour any day of the week from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. and sample some of its 50 cases of alcohol, equal to 600 bottles when you do the math. Complimentary valet doesn't hurt either. 4770 Biscayne Blvd, (305) 573-5862.
Meat and Greet at Meat Market: The sexiest steakhouse in town is getting in a summer state of mind with a new Happy Hour every Friday from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m(915 Lincoln Road, (305) 532-0088.) Two-for-one deals on oysters and shrimp from the Crudo Bar and these signature cocktails (by gm and bar chefSonny Gorushanovich):
- 915 Spicy Mango Martini - mango-infused vodka, mint, mango puree and dragon chili
- Cucumber Mojito - cucumber-infused vodka, strawberries, basil, mint and sugar
- Bohemian Delight - grilled pineapple-infused vodka, coconut-infused pomegranate glaze and pomegranate liquor
- Martini de Chevre - Chevre d'or cheese-infused vodka, lemon grass, pink and black peppercorns, fennel, dry vermouth and blue cheese olives
- Passion Lychee Martini - orange and citrus flavored vodkas, lychee juice, passion fruit puree, Cointreau and Chambord
- Moulin Rouge - vodka, Cointreau, Chambord, pineapple, orange and lemon juices and orange bitters
- Market Caipirinha - cachaca, wild berries, mint, brown sugar, fresh lime and lemon-lime soda.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Rachael Ray's Okay: Stop Hating on Food Network Stars
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Jodi’s Italian Ice, Family-Owned Italian Ice Shop, to Open Late October
- GK Bistronomie Opens Friday: Traditional Peruvian Gets a Modern Twist in Wynwood