December 2013 Restaurant Openings and Closings
Roast pork at Blackbrick.
Goodbye 2013, hello 2014. If you're reading this, you've made it through yet another New Year's eve and are probably enjoying a nice cleansing juice after a five mile run (let's see how long this healthy resolution will last).
In this past year, we've said hello to some great new restaurants like Tongue & Cheek, Swine Southern Table & Bar, and Cypress Room.
2013 closed with a bang with the opening of several much-anticipated restaurants like Richard Hales' Blackbrick; Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar; and Michael Mina 74 at the Fontainebleau. We're also drinking well, thanks to Lure Fishbar's nautical-themed cocktails, Batch Gastropub's creations, and Wynwood Brewing Company's craft beers.
Looking ahead to 2014, we can't wait to eat at Latin Burger & Taco's new Coral Gables location, try the Pubbelly boys' take on French fare at L'Echon Brasserie, and explore Chef Bee's Asian street fare at NaiYaRa.
- Batch Gastropub
- Bobby's Burger Palace
- Bocce Bar
- Epicure Gourmet Market
- The Juice Spot
- La Gamba
- Michael Mina 74
- Pummarola Pastificio and Pizzeria
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Spris (Midtown)
- Subatomic Subs at the Wolfsonian-FIU
- Verde Restaurant & Bar
- Via Verde Cucina Rustica
- Wynwood Brewing Company
- Drinking Room
- The Alchemist - Multiple-course dining experiences coming to Midtown.
- Aoki Teppanyaki - Coming to Dadeland.
- Balan's - Opening another location in Dadeland.
- Barnickel's - Looks like they're making progress.
- Batch - Gastropub coming to Brickell.
- Biscayne Brewing Co. - Fresh beer coming soon.
- Brother Jimmy's BBQ - Second outpost in South Miami.
- Buns & Buns - Opening in South Miami soon.
- Cavalli Restaurant and Lounge - The fashion icon opens a restaurant in SoFi.
- China Grill - Moving to Brickell.
- Cibo Wine Bar - The second location, coming soon.
- Earl's Kitchen & Bar - Coming to Dadeland.
- Gravity Brewlab - Opening in Wynwood.
- Ikea - Coming 2014
- JugoFresh - Expanding their shops.
- L'Echon Brasserie - Another Pubbelly endeavor.
- La Cantina 20 - Another Icon tenant getting set to move in.
- Laduree - Parisian macarons coming to Lincoln Road.
- La Mar by Gaston Acurio - Celebrity chef coming to Mandarin Oriental Miami in December.
- Latin Burger & Taco opening in Coral Gables.
- Lokum Mediterranean Grill - Opening on Alton Road.
- Havana 1957 - Opening in Brickell Irish Pub's space
- Morimoto Restaurant - Opening in Shelborne South Beach
- My Ceviche - Coming to South Miami.
- MIA Brewing Co. - Opening soon in Doral.
- Milk Burger - New York burger joint teasing us with hints of a Miami location.
- Ms. Cheezious - The food truck is opening a shop.
- N Lounge - Kevin Cory to open a lounge next door to NAOE.
- NaiYaRa - Chef Bee to open Thai Asian street food bistro in SoBe.
- Panther Coffee is opening a location in MiMo.
- Poor Man's Lobster - From the folks at Mandolin.
- Pinkberry - Opening on Alton Road.
- Porcao Farm to Grill - Opening at Mary Brickell Village
- STK - Reopening.
- Shikany - Opening in Wynwood mid-January.
- Traymore Restaurant and Met Bar Opening in New Metropolitan by COMO Hotel
- Wood Tavern - Opening a pizzeria next door, and an upstairs lounge.
- 1826 Restaurant - Opening in South Beach early next year by chef Danny Grant
- Touche Rooftop Restaurant and Lounge - Carla Pellegrino to open a restaurant at the E11even.
- J. Wakefield Brewing Company - Coming to Wynwood.
Projects in the Works
- An upscale restaurant and brewery is planned for the old Cooper Avenue space in South Beach.
- Tom Colicchio is opening a restaurant and will oversee f&b operations at the 1Hotel & Residences.
- Steve Martorano is closer than ever to opening a Miami Beach location.
- Top Chef Fabio Viviani opening an Italian restaurant on Miami Beach.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Piola on Lincoln Road Closing Tonight, Funeral Planned — With Coffin
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Week: Chef Adrianne Calvo's Sexy New Cookbook and...
- Sun Life Stadium Offers 16 Local Beers on Tap