Goodbye 2013, hello 2014. If you're reading this, you've made it through yet another New Year's eve and are probably enjoying a nice cleansing juice after a five mile run (let's see how long this healthy resolution will last).
In this past year, we've said hello to some great new restaurants like Tongue & Cheek, Swine Southern Table & Bar, and Cypress Room.
2013 closed with a bang with the opening of several much-anticipated restaurants like Richard Hales' Blackbrick; Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar; and Michael Mina 74 at the Fontainebleau. We're also drinking well, thanks to Lure Fishbar's nautical-themed cocktails, Batch Gastropub's creations, and Wynwood Brewing Company's craft beers.
Looking ahead to 2014, we can't wait to eat at Latin Burger & Taco's new Coral Gables location, try the Pubbelly boys' take on French fare at L'Echon Brasserie, and explore Chef Bee's Asian street fare at NaiYaRa.
- Batch Gastropub
- Bobby's Burger Palace
- Bocce Bar
- Epicure Gourmet Market
- The Juice Spot
- La Gamba
- Michael Mina 74
- Pummarola Pastificio and Pizzeria
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Spris (Midtown)
- Subatomic Subs at the Wolfsonian-FIU
- Verde Restaurant & Bar
- Via Verde Cucina Rustica
- Wynwood Brewing Company
- Drinking Room
- The Alchemist - Multiple-course dining experiences coming to Midtown.
- Aoki Teppanyaki - Coming to Dadeland.
- Balan's - Opening another location in Dadeland.
- Barnickel's - Looks like they're making progress.
- Batch - Gastropub coming to Brickell.
- Biscayne Brewing Co. - Fresh beer coming soon.
- Brother Jimmy's BBQ - Second outpost in South Miami.
- Buns & Buns - Opening in South Miami soon.
- Cavalli Restaurant and Lounge - The fashion icon opens a restaurant in SoFi.
- China Grill - Moving to Brickell.
- Cibo Wine Bar - The second location, coming soon.
- Earl's Kitchen & Bar - Coming to Dadeland.
- Gravity Brewlab - Opening in Wynwood.
- Ikea - Coming 2014
- JugoFresh - Expanding their shops.
- L'Echon Brasserie - Another Pubbelly endeavor.
- La Cantina 20 - Another Icon tenant getting set to move in.
- Laduree - Parisian macarons coming to Lincoln Road.
- La Mar by Gaston Acurio - Celebrity chef coming to Mandarin Oriental Miami in December.
- Latin Burger & Taco opening in Coral Gables.
- Lokum Mediterranean Grill - Opening on Alton Road.
- Havana 1957 - Opening in Brickell Irish Pub's space
- Morimoto Restaurant - Opening in Shelborne South Beach
- My Ceviche - Coming to South Miami.
- MIA Brewing Co. - Opening soon in Doral.
- Milk Burger - New York burger joint teasing us with hints of a Miami location.
- Ms. Cheezious - The food truck is opening a shop.
- N Lounge - Kevin Cory to open a lounge next door to NAOE.
- NaiYaRa - Chef Bee to open Thai Asian street food bistro in SoBe.
- Panther Coffee is opening a location in MiMo.
- Poor Man's Lobster - From the folks at Mandolin.
- Pinkberry - Opening on Alton Road.
- Porcao Farm to Grill - Opening at Mary Brickell Village
- STK - Reopening.
- Shikany - Opening in Wynwood mid-January.
- Traymore Restaurant and Met Bar Opening in New Metropolitan by COMO Hotel
- Wood Tavern - Opening a pizzeria next door, and an upstairs lounge.
- 1826 Restaurant - Opening in South Beach early next year by chef Danny Grant
- Touche Rooftop Restaurant and Lounge - Carla Pellegrino to open a restaurant at the E11even.
- J. Wakefield Brewing Company - Coming to Wynwood.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Projects in the Works
- An upscale restaurant and brewery is planned for the old Cooper Avenue space in South Beach.
- Tom Colicchio is opening a restaurant and will oversee f&b operations at the 1Hotel & Residences.
- Steve Martorano is closer than ever to opening a Miami Beach location.
- Top Chef Fabio Viviani opening an Italian restaurant on Miami Beach.