Cooper Avenue Opens The Counter and The Garage For Basel
The Garage pop-us at Cooper Avenue
The Garage opens today for late-night dining, cocktails, music, and, yes, games.
- First Trust: Free Cocktails at Pop-Up Lounge During Art Basel
- Art Basel on the Beach: Where to Eat on Lincoln Road
- Art Basel in Midtown: Where to Eat, See, and be Seen
- Art Basel Eats: From a Phuc Yea! Pop-Up to a Basel Biergarden
Billed as the love child of a three-way among Buck 15, Bardot, and Gigi, this Basel pop-up, located adjacent to Cooper Avenue, will feature contemporary toy art, retro videogames, a billiards table, and nightly parties.
That poses a burning question: Will Ms. Pac-Man be there? (Sources say yes, so break out your quarters and mad gaming skills.)
If you're hungry, Cooper Avenue's pop-up, The Counter, will feature a dim sum menu that, unlike most things related to Art Basel, is completely affordable. Offerings include crispy
shrimp wontons (four for $6), vegetable spring rolls (two for $4), pork
or chicken dumplings (four for $6), steamed buns with a variety of
fillings (two for $7), and rice bowls ($7 and $11).
The Garage and The Counter will be open daily from 11 a.m. until around 3 a.m.,
which is just in time for an after-party snack attack. Though The Counter will be around only through Basel, The Garage (and its video games) is here to stay.
Nightly parties are planned for Art Basel all week.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Fireman Derek's Five Steps to the Perfect Pie for Thanksgiving
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Thanksgiving 2015: Guide to Restaurant Dinners in Miami
- World-Famous Alinea Popping Up in Miami Beach in February, Tickets on Sale December 2