Cooper Avenue Closes Temporarily
Cooper Avenue has closed temporarily.
All photos by Laine Doss
Cooper Avenue, the Amir Ben-Zion eatery/market that opened in September has closed temporarily.
Yesterday evening, as tourists and locals jammed Lincoln Road to shop and dine in the days before Christmas, the "open" sign was lit outside the restaurant, but the lights inside were dim and chairs were stacked up inside the dining room.
- Cooper Avenue Opens Today in South Beach
- In South Street And Cooper Avenue, Miami's Hottest Restaurateur Embarks on his Most Ambitious Ventures
A sign on the locked doors explained the circumstances:
"We regret to inform our customers that we have been unable to resolve an AC and ventilation problem that has haunted Cooper Avenue since our opening. We have decided to temporarily close as we work diligently to relocate the AC & ventilation. Please check with our Facebook and website for updates. We Will Be Back!"
Previously, AC problems with the space led to the closing of parts of the massive multi-use restaurant at certain times. The Garage, the lounge adjacent to Cooper Avenue that opened early December, was also closed last evening.
Short Order left a message to ascertain the restaurant's timeline for reopening. We will update our readers with any further information.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall