Cocowok Comes to CocoWalk, Soyka Shakes Things Up, and Bond St. Hits the Roof
• Cocowok, an "upscale fresh Asian take-out/delivery café," is due to open sometime next month in CocoWalk. Rice, noodle, and vegetable dishes will fill the menu, with accompanying proteins cooked to order. Appetizers, soups, and salads round out the bill of fare. We can now make it official: Fast Asian has replaced pizza and burgers as this year's it food.
• Jonathan Morr and Amir Ben-Zion have revamped their Townhouse Hotel rooftop and are getting set to debut the new Rooftop Lounge in time to coincide with the property's tenth anniversary this month. The slickly redesigned area will offer a full bar, bottle service, and menu selections from Bond St. (located on the lobby level of the hotel). Bond St. sushi chef Mike Hiragi, formerly of Hiro's Yakko-San and David Bouley's Evolution, is one of the top sushi talents in town.
• Soyka Restaurant has marked its 11th year in MiMo by hiring a new culinary team: executive chef Paul Suriel and pastry chef William Newcomb. Suriel should feel at home with Soyka's American comfort food because he worked a dozen years as executive chef at Joe Allen Miami. This is a man who knows a meat loaf -- and a hamburger, too, for one of his menu additions is a ten-ounce sirloin burger. He has also punched things up with new salads such as an endive-arugula combo with prosciutto, Pecorino-Romano, and tropical fruit chutney. Newcomb's pastry past includes work at French restaurants in Charleston, South Carolina. He came to Miami in 1992 and spent a decade alongside Suriel at Joe Allen. His menu additions include strawberry soup, seasonal fruit cobblers, and a signature sticky date pudding. Speaking of sticky things: Soyka has also just launched Facebook and Twitter pages.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Bento Boxes Are For Masochists
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- J. Wakefield Brewing Anniversary Party: Wakestock Features 70 Rare Beers
- Five Best Places to Eat at the Miami International Boat Show