Christine's Embraces Change
One of our favorite restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, Christine's
on Oakland Park Boulevard, rolled out a new menu this week featuring,
in addition to entrees, a pretty delectable line-up of small plates
priced between 10 and 14 bucks. A good idea, thinks us, especially
because the joint is becoming known for its jazz entertainment. Somehow
jazz just seems to pair better with late night noshings, with a bit of
blue crab here and pork belly there, with mouthfuls of handsliced
hanger steak and citrus marinated lamb chops. Just to whet your
appetite and get you in an improvisational mode, here's a couple of
tidbits from the new menu:
- Jumbo blue claw crab cake with grilled zucchini and cognac leek sauce
- Pan seared gulf shrimp with warm cannellini bean and artichoke salad
- Green lip mussels with grilled Tuscan bread and a choice of two sauces
- Tuscan quesadilla with prosciutto, arugula, parmesan, buffalo mozz, and tomato
- Slow seared pork belly with oven roasted tomatoes.
if you MUST have entrees, they're throwing in a free bottle of wine
with dinner for two. That's a recession special i can get my little
This week's entertainment includes Liz Sharp (tonight) and Joan Cartwright (Saturday). Call 954-566-1919 for info.
[photo above: Melting Jazz, by Valerie Vescovi]
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.