Chef Michael Psilakis's Spicy Shellfish Yiouvesti Recipe
Psilakis's spicy shellfish yiouvesti
Still can't get enough of chef Michael Psilakis, even after last week's two-part interview, huh? We understand. After all, many Americans haven't ventured too far past Greek salad, gyros, and the occasional stuffed grape leaf, so we just gobble up whatever tidbit he's willing to share. (Those who want to seriously delve into the world of modern Greek cooking should get their claws on his cookbook, How to Roast a Lamb.)
- Bring fish stock to boil, add ¼ tsp of saffron, season with salt and Espelette. Par cook orzo, pass through chinos, and reserve stock.
- In a deep pan over medium-high heat, add shallot, garlic, paprika, and Espelette.
- Deglaze with sherry vinegar; add 1 cup stock, mussels, and clams.
- When shellfish opens, remove to previously braised and poached shellfish.
- Add orzo, remaining saffron, oregano, fish sauce, lemon juice, and prawn.
- Cook prawn; add remaining shellfish to warm.
- Fold in fresh herbs, season with salt and Espelette, dress with olive oil, and enjoy.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.