Cheeseburger Baby Celebrates 13 Years in SoBe: Drunks, Diddy, and Locals
Stephanie Vitori's Cheeseburger Baby serves a diverse clientele.
More than a decade before the onslaught of burger joints invaded Miami, Cheeseburger Baby began serving up America's favorite sandwich to beachgoers and club kids. It has been around 13 year, in fact.
Cheeseburger Baby's current owner, Stephanie Vitori, started as a delivery driver at the restaurant, before taking over about 11 years ago. Since that time, Vitori has seen a lot.
She tells Short Order, "When we opened 13 years ago, it was the heart of South Beach and the
same remains true today. We have the pleasure of meeting tourists from
all around the world. Then, we have our locals. Many have been coming since we opened our
doors. They've become close friends. My hometown of Pittsburgh might
have my heart, but Miami Beach has my soul. I love it here."
- Beyonce Got A Cheeseburger, Baby
Cheeseburger Baby's clientele is varied. "We're open until dawn and we're
blocks away from some of the most popular
clubs in the country, so we get our fair share of drunk patrons daily.
On the other side of the coin, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Lil' Jon and Diddy love
To celebrate its 13th anniversary, Cheeseburger Baby is hosting a party on Sunday, January 13, with various specials, including:
- 13 percent off the entire menu (all day)
- $2 baby cheeseburgers, $1 wings and $3 hot dogs
- $13 buckets of corona from 6 to 9 p.m. in the back bar
- Drink of the day, the Magic 8 Ball is $5
- $3 PBR Tall Boys from noon-8 p.m.
We're not sure if Diddy, Jay-Z and Beyonce will stop in, but we're sure they're invited.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Hurricane Party and Survival Tips From Miami's Best Chefs
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Miami Dolphins Get Stadium, Food Upgrades: Sloppy Joe's, Versailles, Bodega Taqueria y...
- Stripsteak Brunch: Braised Bacon, Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, and an Endless Dessert...