Cask Chronicles: Pop-Up Bar and Menswear in the Design District and Cocktails for SoBeWFF
Courtesy of Zacapa Rum
Head to the Design District this weekend for the Miami premiere of the Cask Chronicles, a one-of-a-kind collaboration between high-end menswear designer Duncan Quinn and barrel-aged spirit Zacapa 23.
Outfitted in a customized 1966 double-decker bus (that came from Miami's Churchill's Pub!), the Cask Chronicles is cruising coast-to-coast to demonstrate the intricacies and attention to detail prevalent in both men's bespoke fashion and trendy brown spirits that are making headlines these days. By day, the bus will host a pop-up men's tailoring boutique open to the public; by night, it will transform into a unique mobile speakeasy that serves Zacapa cocktails to a select few.
Launched in New York, Cask Chronicles is heading to Miami's Design District for the South Beach Food & Wine Festival -- perfect, because it's one of the few times of year that guys in Miami can don suits without sweating profusely. And Duncan Quinn is just the designer to outfit Miami men -- seeing as he's known to throw the occasional party, indulge in the odd cheeky lunch, and enjoy life just a little too much. Sound familiar?
The bus will be camping out at Oak Plaza Plummer Alley, the pedestrian walkway between 39th and 40th Streets in the Design District. The bus is open to the public Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. For an on-board bespoke fitting, visit duncanquinn.com for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Zacapa Rum Cocktail Hour
Courtesy of Zacapa Rum
The lucky few who will attend the private 16-seat cocktail hours aboard the bus will enjoy barrel-aged Zacapa 23 cocktails specially crafted by James Beard nominee and mixologist Elayne Duff. For those of you at home, Short Order's got your back -- suit up and enjoy!
The Bespoke Barrel-Aged Cocktail
Created by Diageo Reserve Ambassador, Elayne Duff
3/4 ounce Zacapa 23
1 ounce Ruby Port
1/4 ounce Orange Liqueur
3/4 ounce English Breakfast Tea
1/4 Fresh Lemon Juice
2 dashes Aromatic Bitters
4 Lemon Peels Saturated in Sugar (Oleo Saccharum) Fresh Grated Nutmeg for Garnish
1. Peel lemons and macerate the skins in sugar for two hours.
2. Combine Zacapa 23, port wine, orange liqueur, English Breakfast tea, fresh lemon juice, aromatic bitters, and the lemon-oil-soaked sugar (skins should be discarded from the oleo saccharum) into barrel. Let sit 4 to 6 weeks.
3. Pour contents into a rocks glass with one ice cube.
4. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
Ideal Serving Glass: Rocks glass
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall