Burger Beast's Nine Favorite Food Truck Items
When a dozen or so food trucks lined up on NE 13th Street this past Sunday for the Fall for the Arts Festival, Sef Gonzalez -- the ground beef aficionado behind BurgerBeast.com -- stood by and watched proudly. A burger that represents Miami's true spice (and area code) "would be a
frita" -- a Latin-spiced burger smothered in shoestring potatoes.
Located in front of the Adrienne Arsht Center, the event was pretty much n open house for the arts, showcasing booths occupied by local culture houses and non-profits like Habitat for Humanity, Miami Acting Company, WLRN, and the Miami Music Project.
But there was also the food truck parade, which blogger Paula Niño described earlier today. Short Order was there, and questioned Sef about his favorite dishes of the mobile sort.
- Yellow Submarine: Yellow Dog
- Sakaya Kitchen's Dim Ssäm à gogo: Croquetas
- Jefe's Original Fish Taco & Burgers: The Double Cheeser
- Bite's on Wheels: Cubanito
- The Rolling Stove: Ron's Bites
- La Camaronera's Fish Box: La Camaronera Sandwich
- Latin Burger: Burger Beast Sandwich (no plug here, whatsoever)
- Wing Commander: Chipies
- gastroPod: Short Rib Slider
- Latin House Grill: Chimi Burrito
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.