Britney, Jessica & W.: Five Dumbest Celebrity Food Quotes
While in Japan for a benefit concert recently, Lady Gaga told the Associated Press that she's going to enjoy Tokyo and its food, and that her fans should do the same. "The most important thing, and the best thing, we could do for Japan right now is to boost tourism, and so everyone come to Japan and come enjoy the beautiful country," she said, probably forgetting that most of her "little monsters" back home might not be able to afford to hop on a plane to Tokyo for the sushi.
This prompted us to gather other out-there comments about food from celebs. Herein a list (celebrity chefs not included - we're saving them for a future post).
Dumb-o-Meter Rating: 3
It's really kinda like kicking a small puppy to say anything mean about Jessica Simpson. She tries so hard to make sense out of the world and, frankly, there are a lot of confusing foods - Chicken of the Sea, jumbo shrimp, buffalo wings (Ms. Simpson got that one wrong, too). We're hoping the musician/shoe mogul comes out with a line of non-confusing food products. No names, just helpful pictures of cows and fish and chickens on the label.
4. "Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff." - Mariah Carey
Dumb-o-Meter Rating: 6
As sure as she loves butterflies, glitter makeup and skin-tight stripper dresses, Diva Mimi has yoyo'd with her weight -- we have too. But even though we'd like to be movie star thin, we're going to take a pass at third-world-nation starvation. Even though we secretly agree with Mariah that flies and death and stuff doesn't sound half as much fun as dinner at The Ivy.
3. "I've never really wanted to go to Japan. Simply because I don't like eating fish. And I know that's very popular out there in Africa." - Britney Spears
Dumb-o-Meter Rating: 8
Maybe someone should tell Brit Brit that Japanese stores sell Cheetos and Starbucks. I'm sure she'd be on the first plane to Africa in that case. Or something like that.
2. "Limp Bizkit Ice Cream would taste like the sweetest pair of panties in the world. It would taste like sushi. Sushi or panties." - Fred Durst
Ummmm....wow! Hey Fred? You know what Limp Bizkit Ice Cream would really taste like? Douchbaggery! In any event, we'll stick with the Chunky Monkey. Oh and Fred? Ewwwwwwww.
1. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." - George W. Bush
Dumb-o-Meter Rating: 10
Thank you Mr. President, but placing food on my family actually became quite lucrative for us. You see, in the interest of capitalism and starting a small business, we have now all become naked sushi models. So ever since I've put food on my family, I've been able to put food in my family. Which is something that you, unlike the Liberal media, understand.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- New Times' Eigth Annual Artopia: Art and Food in Coral Gables
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- Velvet Creme Doughnuts Opening in Miami Shores, Not Little River
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Week: Chinese New Year, Mardi Gras, and Crawdaddy...