Blueprint Cleanse: A Foodie Goes on the Juice(s)
One day's worth of pleasure or pain?
Photo by Riki Altman
It all started with some kale salad at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Why I wanted a sample of the stuff when I had spent the last hour engorging on steak, Jelly Bellys, vodka samples, and brownies still remains a mystery. Perhaps my gluttony became blinding and my search became more about quantity than desirability.
Combined with tahini, raw apple cider vinegar, wheat-free tamari and some other totally healthful ingredients, the marinated kale from the Blueprint Cleanse table really didn't taste too bad. And it got me thinking about just how bad my eating has been recently. I had been on a "see-food" diet for way too long and my body needed to be purified. So I took info from the table about the company's three-day juice cleanse...
...and promptly forgot about it.
- This experience will teach me the importance of food, and will leave me with better blood circulation and more energy
- I shouldn't feel hungry at any time. Instead, I'll feel so energized that I might want to continue the cleanse for a few days longer. (Yeah, we'll see about that!)
- Cleanses are great for people with digestive problems and emotional issues. (What's she suggesting, huh?)
- I should try to exercise all three days. (I'll fill you in on each class I took as I go along.)
- Springtime is perfect for a cleanse since it's a time for evolution. Agreed.
- I can get the flu, lose muscle, and have reactions caused by withdrawal. Fingers crossed I don't experience any of the aforementioned.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Lyon's Plethore & Balthazar Opens at Hilton Bentley
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- The Easy Vegan Cookbook Creamy Mexi Mac, Carrot Cashew Chez (Recipes)
- Full Bloom Opens With Plant-Based Cuisine and a Killer View