Biscayne Brewing Company Coming to Brickell/Little Havana, Plans to Open By December UPDATED
Presumably, a label for Biscayne Brewing's La Colada Coffee Porter.
Courtesy of Biscayne Brewing Company
Miami is in for a surprise very soon when Biscayne Brewing Company officially opens for production.
The new brewery has two locations: a production facility located in Doral at 8000 NW 25th Street and a brewpub in Little Havana at 1010 SW Eighth Street.
The manager of the brewery, which is listed to a Jose Mallea according to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office documents, has not responded to Short Order's numerous email requests for inquiry.
Update: Gus Chacon and Jose Mallea, both co-owners of Biscayne Brewing Company said they are shooting for an opening no later than December. They've hired Aaron Anderson for their brewmaster, who is flying into Miami from Colorado in early October. Anderson's experience as a brewer includes positions at Breckenridge Brewery, Molson Coors, Abita, Gordon Biersch, Renegade, Bristol and Hall brewing companies. He has also worked as a travel writer for five years, writing for Lonely Planet.
The brewery reportedly already has brewing equipment installed and ready to go. Here is what we do know:
- Last March the brewery posted a listing on was seeking a brewmaster last March
- They use a JV Northwest 3 vessel 15 barrel brewing system
- Annual expected production is 2,500 barrels
- The production facility is approximately 15,000 square feet
- There is a tasting room
And they've recently applied for several beer trademarks:
- 1513 Golden Ale
- Miami Pale Ale
- Chequescha Cream Ale
- Saison Blanco
- Double Nine IPA
Whenever the opening occurs, the brewery will be the latest addition to Miami's booming craft beer industry.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Raw Master Matthew Kenney on His Wynwood Restaurant: "It's One of the Most Stunning...
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Art Basel 2015: Where to Score Free Food & Drink With Your Art
- Boozy Art Basel: Here's Where Art and Drink Collide This Week