Art Basel in Wynwood: 30 Food Trucks Running Daily
Image via Flickr
In spite of past problems, little seems to be standing in the way of Miami food trucks serving the masses in Wynwood during the week of Art Basel.
Sakaya Kitchen's Dim Ssam a Gogo will host more then 30 food trucks at the usual art walk location, 210 NW 22nd Lane from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. from today (Thursday) to Sunday. About two dozen trucks will run the lunch shift, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and some of them will swap out for dinner. For a full list of which truck will be where when click here.
- Wynwood Food Truck Roundup Cancelled, Brad Knoefler Tattled
The monthly food truck gathering that takes place at the lot during Wynwood's Second Saturday Art Walk hit a snag when downtown Miami informed the city the gathering was being held without proper permits.
"I want to legitimize food trucks in Miami," he told Short Order in March, "but there are life safety issues in play here."
Sakaya Kitchen owner Richard Hales said he's also getting together 10 food trucks for a Friday night party at 318 NW 23rd Street for Moving The Still: A GIF Festival in partnership with Milk Studios and Tumblr.
Follow Short Order on Facebook , on Twitter @Short_Order, and Instagram @ShortOrder.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall