Andrew Zimmern Brings AZ Canteen Food Truck to Miami For Season: Now Hiring Locals
AZ Canteen-- rolling to a Miami street near you.
Courtesy AZ Canteen
If you've a fan of Andrew Zimmern's eyeball eating antics on his Travel Channel show Bizarre Foods, this is your lucky day.
Zimmern is bringing his AZ Canteen food truck to Miami for the entire season. Starting in early November, the AZ Canteen will roll through the streets of Miami, serving up cuisine slightly more adventurous than the standard food truck fare of burgers and tacos.
Read also: AZ Canteen: Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Food Truck Rolling Through Town
The AZ Canteen, which debuted in August 2012 at the Minnesota State
Fair, won't be serving up giant eyeballs and broiled bat. The offerings
will focus on being delicious rather than just plain weird.
on the menu? For one, some of Zimmern's favorite, goat, will be
offered. "I love goat and we're featuring it first and foremost," said
the Bizarre Foods host. The truck is scheduled to arrive in Miami any
day now and will start rolling out after the usual permitting and
So far, AZ Canteen is working out a schedule of
appearances, but we do know that Zimmern himself will be on the truck at
select events (watch out for both truck and television personality at
the South Beach Wine and Food Festival's Trucks on the Go Party, held on Sunday, February 24).
wanted to work on a food truck and work alongside a television
celebrity? AZ Canteen is currently hiring both prep workers and food
truck employees for its Miami gigs, according to a recent Craigslist post. The post also eludes to a series of AZ Canteens rolling across the nation and one possibly staying in Miami full time.
Here's a little taste of what AZ Canteen is serving up:
- Andouille, Oyster and Crab Gumbo
Crispy Pork Belly with Green Papaya Salad, Chiles, Lime With Fried Egg
- Cabrito Butter Burger with Roasted Tomatoes, Charred Onions, Pickles
Cabrito Sausage Grinder with Cabbage Slaw
- Griddled Veal Tongue on a toasted Parker roll with Lemon, Capers, Arugula and Tonnato Sauce
- IZZY'S Handcrafted Ice Cream Sandwiches
Nicaraguan Dulce de Leche Shaved Ice with Pound Cake "Loly's Style"
- Jamaican hibiscus punch
- Handmade sodas
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall