American Idol for Amateur Cooks: Casting Call in Miami Announced for New Gordon Ramsay Series, Master Chef
First there was the original kitchen battle from Japan, Iron Chef. Then came Food Network's Iron Chef America, Fox's Hell's Kitchen, and Bravo's Top Chef series; Top Chef Masters soon followed.
You would think the pot has boiled over, but no! Cue Fox's MasterChef, a new competitive cooking show from the unlikely marriage of the producers behind the most uplifting show on television, The Biggest Loser, and internationally-acclaimed chef and TV star Gordon Ramsay, best known for his short temper. Can we say image adjustment?
MasterChef is now casting for "budding chefs from all walks of life - amateur chefs, passionate foodies, the ultimate dinner party host/hostesses." The common denominator is lack of formal training. The call for applicants is notably upbeat:
MasterChef is a show that celebrates great people who make great food. The show will give contestants the opportunity to develop their cooking skills while being encouraged, mentored and celebrated by the industry's best and evaluated by world-renowned judges!
If you are passionate about cooking and ready to change your life then audition for MasterChef, an inspiring cooking show from the producers of The Biggest Loser!
Miami's call is January 16, location to be determined. For information on how to apply, follow the jump.
• We will NOT be considering professional chefs who work in professional kitchens!
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and either a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident with the unrestricted ability to work in the U.S.
To audition, email email@example.com
Please include your name, age, occupation, current photo, contact number and a brief
description of your cooking experience and style. Please put the city and state your reside
in the subject of the email.
For more information, visit: Fox.com/casting
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall