A Fish Called Avalon's New Florida Spiny Lobster Plates
The new dishes all use Florida spiny lobster, the clawless reef huggers hiding in the rocks right now during lobster mini season, the last Wednesday and Thursday of July each year when it's open season on the succulent bastards.
Here are Chef Brian's newest lobster additions to the Fish Called Avalon menu...
- Chilled Yellow Tomato Gazpacho with Florida spiny lobster, a cucumber salad, sweet basil and a drizzle of chipotle oil ($13).
- Florida Spiny Lobster Salad with arugula, jicama, avocado, orange, pickled onions, toasted pistachios and a mango vinaigrette ($15).
- Grilled Florida Spiny Lobster with mashed potatoes, jumbo lump crab and a pea sprout salad served on a curry-carrot puree ($35).
- Bang Bang Florida Spiny Lobster in a citrus-mojo marinade, served with an avocado crema and hearts of palm salad, all topped with grapefruit, oranges and a pistachio dust ($35).
A Fish Called Avalon is located at 700 Ocean Drive. Click here for their website or call 305-532-1727 for more info.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall