8. 18-Ounce, Bone-in Rib Eye at Bourbon Steak
New Times' Best of Miami 2012 issue is coming June 14. Until then,
Short Order will serve up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. If you
want to vote on which restaurant has the best dish, click here.
Courtesy of Bourbon Steak
8. 18-oz., Bone-in Rib Eye at Bourbon Steak
This is what we get when we head north to Bourbon Steak on the first floor of the Turnberry Isle Hotel & Resort. What's so great about a steak, though? It's just a piece of meat. Almost every restaurant in Miami has a steak on the menu. All of that is true. But none do a steak quite like Bourbon.
The key to this luscious bovine beauty is the wood-burning grill. Or is it that it's poached in butter before it's grilled? Who cares -- it's probably both. The steak is marbled beautifully, and when it's cooked the way we love it, it's juicy, and tender, and yes, still buttery. We'd have to search high and low for a better steak around town. Should you venture out on such a quest, might we suggest taking a few of Bourbon's rib eyes to help your inevitable famine along the way. Steak, after all, is what's for dinner.
100 Favorite Dishes
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami Ranked One of the Ten Best Food Cities for Your Wallet
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Gianni's at the Villa: Opulent Dinners at Versace's Former Mansion
- Brickell's Golden Fig Isn't Perfect Yet