As we count down to New Times' Best of Miami 2011 in June, Short Order will serve up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305 in random order. If you have any nominations of your own, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the jump, find our other choices.
75. Steamed Local Snapper "In a Bag" at The Forge
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
The fish is presented in a sealed plastic bag, much like a live goldfish from the pet store. The server then cuts open the bag, unleashing aromas of fresh rosemary, pepper and herbs. The local caught snapper, which changes daily based on the day's catch, is moist and tender. The diced zucchini and squash that accompany the dish are crisp and flavorful.
A side of chilled tomato-anchovy sauce is smoky and fresh tasting, but this dish needs no tricks or additions to make it a treat for all senses. At $29, this entree is a satisfying yet heart-healthy alternative to traditional red meat.
100 Favorite Dishes:
76. Gouda Tater Tots at Meat Market
77. Raspberry Flatcakes at Morgans
78. Barbecue Shrimp at Emeril's Miami Beach
79. Croquetas at El Floridita
80. Chicken Salad at Manhattan Cafe
81. Organic Chicken and Sundried Tomato Panini at BLT Steak
82. Tuna Nicoise at The Royal
83. Cubi-Thai Sampler Plate
84. Chicken Chili Con Queso at Deli Lane Cafe
85. Lemon Meringue Cake at Ice Box
86. Fig Pizza at Kokopo Fresh Kitchen
87. Poulet Rouge at Cecconi's
88. Grilled Scallops with Pickled Plum at Zuma
89. Garnachos at Taqueria el Mexicano
90. Pancakes at Sky Grille in Miami Tower
91. Tuna Ceviche at Sushi Samba
92. BBQ Pork Roll at American Noodle Bar
93. Mandolin's Hand-Cut Fries
94. Joe Allen's Bourbon Bread Pudding
95. Lobster Roll at Joe's Stone Crab Takeaway
96. Brussels Sprouts at Sakaya Kitchen
97. Gandules en Escabeche from Raaga Cart
98. Pizza Genovese at Spris
99. Leek Soup at Buena Vista Deli
100. Dumplings at Chow Down Grill