75. Brie Mozzarella Sticks at The Local
It's that time of year again when we count down to New Times' Best of
Miami 2012 issue in June. Until then, Short Order will serve up 100 of
our favorite dishes in the 305. If you have any nominations of your own,
please send them to email@example.com
75. Brie Mozzarella Sticks at The Local Craft Food & Drink
Walk into most bars and you'll find the typical fare -- wings, burgers, and mozzarella sticks, those deep fried wands of bland white cheese, typically served with equally bland marinara sauce.
The Local Craft Food & Drink riffs on cheese sticks by coating cylinders of brie with a sweet funnel-cake batter and deep frying them. The sticks are then topped with powdered sugar, green apple slivers, and blueberry/soy glaze, resulting in an oh-so-guilty pleasure. Sometimes a name's just a name -- because there's not a trace of mozzarella in sight to get in the way of the brie.
While The Local hasn't done anything to make cheese sticks healthier, they did make them extremely delicious. For $10, they make a whimsical foil to a good dark stout.
100 Favorites Dishes
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Choices Coconut Grove Opens This Weekend, Fifth Location Planned for Weston
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- Miami Asian Fruit Fly Quarantine to Be Lifted This Weekend
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Boat Show, Valentine's Day, Grove Arts Festival