75. Brie Mozzarella Sticks at The Local
It's that time of year again when we count down to New Times' Best of
Miami 2012 issue in June. Until then, Short Order will serve up 100 of
our favorite dishes in the 305. If you have any nominations of your own,
please send them to email@example.com
75. Brie Mozzarella Sticks at The Local Craft Food & Drink
Walk into most bars and you'll find the typical fare -- wings, burgers, and mozzarella sticks, those deep fried wands of bland white cheese, typically served with equally bland marinara sauce.
The Local Craft Food & Drink riffs on cheese sticks by coating cylinders of brie with a sweet funnel-cake batter and deep frying them. The sticks are then topped with powdered sugar, green apple slivers, and blueberry/soy glaze, resulting in an oh-so-guilty pleasure. Sometimes a name's just a name -- because there's not a trace of mozzarella in sight to get in the way of the brie.
While The Local hasn't done anything to make cheese sticks healthier, they did make them extremely delicious. For $10, they make a whimsical foil to a good dark stout.
100 Favorites Dishes
76. Paleta de Elote at La Michoacana Paleteria
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall