73. Yum Yum and Earth Day Tacos at Nacho Bizness
As we count down to New Times' Best of Miami 2011 in June, Short Order will serve up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305 in random order. If you have any nominations of your own, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the jump, find our other choices.
73. Yum yum and Earth Day tacos at Nacho Bizness
Miami's streets are lined with food trucks these days, and though their chow isn't always delicious or inexpensive, they've certainly beefed up Miami menu options. Some, however, have made the grade and pleased our palates. The best nonseafood tacos we've had from a truck came from the Fort Lauderdale-based Nacho Bizness. The two standouts were the appropriately named yum yum and Earth Day ($3). The guy said, "The pork taco will change your life." It didn't, but it was superb. The yum yum is stuffed with spicy Korean pulled pork. The balance of the sweetness of the red chili oil and the coolness of the cucumbers and chipotle sour cream really make for a perfect taco.
The Earth Day captures the flavors of the Southwest sans meat, while keeping the flavor. The taco is packed with grilled zucchini and squash and is cooked perfectly -- not too crisp, not burnt. The black bean and corn salsa spices it up, while the guacamole and chipotle sour cream cool it down. It is your bizness to try these two delightfully filling taco treats.
100 Favorite Dishes
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall