72. Mac 'n' Cheese Pancake at CheeseMe Mobile
As we count down to New Times' Best of Miami 2011 in June, Short Order will serve up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305 in random order. If you have any nominations of your own, please send them to email@example.com. After the jump, find our other choices.
72. Mac 'n' cheese pancake at CheeseMe Mobile
Macaroni and cheese is a classic dish loved by pretty much everyone who has a heartbeat (zombies, on the other hand, prefer brains). When done right, macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food -- warm, creamy, and delicious, with a crisp cheese crust. The only drawback is that it's messy to eat on the run -- until CheeseMe's mac 'n' cheese pancake.
A generous dollop of macaroni and cheese is placed on the griddle and pressed into a pancake. The result is sheer mac 'n' cheese heaven for people on the go -- a crisp, two-sided cheese crust with warm, gooey goodness inside. A mac 'n' cheese that's both portable and delicious. Quite possibly the best food invention since the sandwich.
100 Favorite Dishes:
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Hurricane Party and Survival Tips From Miami's Best Chefs
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Miami Dolphins Get Stadium, Food Upgrades: Sloppy Joe's, Versailles, Bodega Taqueria y...
- Stripsteak Brunch: Braised Bacon, Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, and an Endless Dessert...