It's that time of year when we count down to New Times' Best of Miami
2012 issue in June. Until then, Short Order will serve up 100 of our
favorite dishes in the 305. If you have any nominations of your own,
please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
39. Pescado Jarocho at Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar & Latam Grill
While this lively Coconut Grove spot is known, obviously, for its half dozen different ceviches, it also prepares some beautiful pieces of fish. The Pescado Jarocho ($20) takes a fresh piece of mahi mahi and tops it with a lively sauce of fresh tomatoes, jalapenos, capers, olives, garlic, and lemon. The flavors work together well to enhance the fish with a little zing of spice. Added bonus: the sauce is also great with the white rice served with the dish.
100 Favorite Dishes
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!