It's that time of year when we count down to New Times' Best of Miami
2012 issue in June. Until then, Short Order will serve up 100 of our
favorite dishes in the 305. If you have any nominations of your own,
please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
36. Rock Shrimp Pizza at Harry's Pizzeria
Harry's Pizzeria may not have the fanfare of chef/owner Michael Schwartz's supremely popular older sister, Michael's Genuine Food & Drink, but rest assured, this is no step-child. Schwartz puts the same fanatical care into each pizza that comes out of the wood-burning oven, using seasonal and local ingredients to re-imagine the humble pizza as a beautiful canvas in which to work some magic. The Rock Shrimp pizza ($15) is pretty to look at, and even better to sink your teeth into. The pink and white shrimp are plentiful, complimented by Manchego cheese, grilled lemon, green scallions, and cilantro. It's big enough to share with a carafe of supremely affordable Montepulciano ($12) for a casual lunch or dinner that comes in under $30.
100 Favorite Dishes
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge