33. Mussels Josephine at Bonefish Grill
It's that time of year when we count down to New Times' Best of Miami
2012 issue in June. Until then, Short Order will serve up 100 of our
favorite dishes in the 305. If you have any nominations of your own,
please send them to email@example.com.
37. Mussels Josephine at Bonefish Grill
We here at Short Order aren't crazy about chain restaurants, but Bonefish Grill somehow manages to remain imaginative. Along with the Bang Bang Shrimp ($9), the Mussels Josephine ($12) is
one of Bonefish's more famous appetizers. Prince Edward mussels are
sauteed in a butter white wine reduction with tomatoes, garlic and
basil. The folks at Bonefish don't like to divulge much about the creamy
sauce, but we are pretty sure they coat the pan with Sambuca, a
licorice-flavored liqueur, to provide that signature taste.
The crisp cold waters, natural rock formations and inviting regulations
allow the fishermen off Prince Edward Island to farm up to 80
percent of the world's raised shellfish. Bonefish stocks many of its 158 locations
across 28 states from there.
Though both locations often feature relentlessly long lines, the West
Miami one tends to empty out a little earlier if you want to avoid the
crowds and don't mind eating late. If you're up in Broward, try Plantation, Wellington and Boca Raton.
100 Favorite Dishes
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Latin Lounge Rubi Now Open in Brickell
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Miami Spice 2015: Five Best Restaurants on Northern Side of Town
- Broken Shaker Named One of the World's 50 Best Bars 2015