New Times' Best of Miami 2012 issue is coming June 14. Until then,
Short Order will serve up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. If you
want to vote on which restaurant has the best dish, click here.
3. Pie in a Jar at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
There are two kinds of people in the world -- those that leave room for dessert when dining at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink and the uninitiated.
Dessert at Michael's Genuine is not a mere piece of cake placed on the menu as an afterthought. It's the integral last chapter of a fully formed story. Chef Hedy Goldsmith creates desserts that are whimsical yet sophisticated, playing with sweet, savory, and smokey flavors and utilizing local ingredients.
The housemade Pie in a Jar ($11) may change flavors daily, but the joy remains consistent whether it's lemon meringue (pictured), s'more, or whatever fruit happens to be in season. A cream pie gets deconstructed and stuffed into a mason jar, then topped with cream or meringue. Enough to share...but believe us -- you won't want to!
100 Favorite Dishes
9. Bone Marrow with Veal Cheek Marmalade at Sugarcane
10. Grilled Branzino at Tudor House
11. Spicy Beer Tenderloin at Zuma
12. Red Snapper Fish in a Bowl at Joe's Stone Crab
13. Pappardelle Cio Ciara at Sardinia Enoteca Ristorante
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!