23. Short Rib Robata With Truffle Miso at Makoto
It's that time of year when we count down to New Times' Best of Miami 2012 issue in June. Until then, Short Order will serve up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. If you have any nominations of your own, please send them to email@example.com.
Courtesy of makoto-restaurant.com
23. Short Rib Robata with Truffle Miso
Give me a moment, I need to compose myself. You see, the photo above is merely a glimpse of the short rib robata from Makoto. Never has meat on a stick been so pleasing. Wait, what? Well, whatever, let's move on.
Makoto is quickly becoming one of the best restaurants in Miami. In fact, the food and service already deserve such a title. Intimidating wealth roams the Bal Harbour Shops, but Makoto is nothing close to snooty or uptight.
Anyway, on to my short rib. There's always that risk of it coming out too dry, or tough, but this one is sweet, truffley, and perfectly cooked - it practically melted in transit from the fork to my mouth. It's not short on flavor, which is rich and earthy from the truffle miso, and sweet and tangy, probably from a few dashes of soy sauce in the mix. It really is one of the best things I've ever eaten.
100 Favorite Dishes
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Rachael Ray's Okay: Stop Hating on Food Network Stars
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Jodi’s Italian Ice, Family-Owned Italian Ice Shop, to Open Late October
- GK Bistronomie Opens Friday: Traditional Peruvian Gets a Modern Twist in Wynwood