20. Low Country Shrimp and Grits at Whisk Gourmet Food & Catering
Times' Best of Miami 2012 issue is coming June 14. Until then, Short
Order will serve up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. If you have
any nominations of your own, please send them to email@example.com.
20. Low Country Shrimp and Grits at Whisk
Tucked away in a small strip mall away from the lively section of South Miami, you'll find the busy, somewhat noisy Whisk Gourmet Food & Catering. The restaurant/caterer features a menu filled with modern takes on traditional southern cuisine, so it's no surprise that the low country shrimp and grits is such a flavorful dish.
Pecan wood smoked bacon crumbles give the Anson Mills grits flavor, before they're topped with fresh, juicy Crimini mushrooms and grilled shrimp. Served in two portion sizes, we suggest getting the small portion for yourself (four shrimp for $9.95), so you can sample some of Whisk's sides like fried green tomatoes or sauteed spinach. Or, get a large portion for the table ( eight shrimp for $16.95), and dine family style.
100 Favorite Dishes
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Rachael Ray's Okay: Stop Hating on Food Network Stars
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Jodi’s Italian Ice, Family-Owned Italian Ice Shop, to Open Late October
- GK Bistronomie Opens Friday: Traditional Peruvian Gets a Modern Twist in Wynwood